Off-campus accommodation

Living off campus is a great way to get to know the local area. Use our online accommodation finder, Houseme, to find a place to live. You can then access the off-campus housing resources to get help with your application, as well as information on your rights and responsibilities when renting.

Check out the areas near your campus

Find a place to live with Houseme

Houseme is Deakin's online accommodation finder. You can use it to search for rooms, houses and apartments within a particular area or price range.

Search for somewhere to live on Houseme

Get support from our off-campus housing service

Found a great room but not sure how to organise a rental inspection? Or unsure of what to expect when you do?

Access our range of online resources. They'll guide you through how to find, apply for and rent accommodation. They can also help to answer any questions you might have.

Access our online resources

Moving to Australia to study?

If you're an international student who wants to live off campus, you should only start looking for accommodation once you’ve arrived in Victoria.

We recommend that you stay in short-term accommodation for at least the first week of your arrival while you look. All of our campuses have short-term accommodation options nearby, such as hotels, motels and hostels. 

You're also welcome to stay for a short amount of time at one of our campuses. 

Read more about campus short stay options

How to provide accommodation to Deakin students

If you have a room, apartment or house that you think would make a great accommodation for Deakin students, all you need to do is register on Houseme. 

Once registered, you'll be able to put up and manage your listing.

Visit Houseme to register as an accommodation provider

Contact us

If you need help completing housing forms or you have a tenancy issue, or if you've been looking for off-campus accommodation for a few weeks without any luck, get in touch with us. We can offer advice, and may be able to help in other ways as well.

Fill out our accommodation support form