It is our role to offer support to students to find somewhere to call home while they study at Deakin. The service maintains a housing database of local properties available for rent by students. Once signed into the site, students can search for long term, short term, casual and temporary accommodation options. Newly arrived international students can register for Rental Information Workshops.
Students can also get assistance with:
- completing rental forms and applications
- understanding your rights and responsibilities as a tenant
- tenancy issues.
The service has online resources to assist you with understanding:
- when to start looking for accommodation
- costs associated with finding accommodation
- things to consider at inspections
- signing forms and paying money
- starting a tenancy.