+61 3 5227 2940
New student space
The Waurn Ponds Campus will gain a vibrant new heart through the transformation of the Central Plaza precinct of Building JB into a modern, accessible and engaging student space.
The first stage of the new precinct, to be operational by mid-2019, will revamp selected parts of Building JB to include a Student Central Hub, Learning Hub, renewed retail spaces and upgraded amenities.
Student centric design
This project will enhance and energise this important campus precinct to create a fresh and innovative student-centric environment.
Stage 1 will include:
- Student Central Hub providing a modern and accessible one-stop-shop of student support services
- Learning Hub for Academic and Peer Support Services including purpose built spaces for staff and student peer mentors
- digitally enabled learning pods for student use
- retail precinct featuring a new Merchandise Shop alongside existing Hairdresser
- additional bathroom amenities including accessible toilets
- the first Changing Places facility on any Deakin University Campus, providing a publicly accessible, full sized change table and hoist to meet the needs of people with severe and profound disabilities
- revitalised DUSA lounge and staff area on Level 1
- shared staff lounge with modern facilities
Construction of Stage 1 is currently under construction, and will be operational by Trimester 1, 2019.
Stages 2 and 3 are planned for 2020–2021 including an external façade upgrade, new internal street and landscaping to the Arrival Plaza.