Central Precinct Infill
This recently completed project delivers a new and improved heart for the Burwood Campus, transforming and brightening the current space. The precinct is a contemporary, flexible hub that features a range of social and study areas including innovative, informal learning spaces.
Trimester 1, 2017
+61 3 9244 6246
A new heart for the Melbourne Burwood Campus
This new precinct provides an energised, interactive destination for students, staff, and visitors. The precinct boasts a range of social and study areas, including approximately 250 informal learning spaces, and supports a connected experience via the integration of technology (including the installation of digital wayfinding screens).
The works carried out include:
- installation of a new steel and glass roof over the precinct, allowing light to cascade through the roof and illuminate the space below
- installation of an environmentally responsive facade for the newly installed roof (allowing for optimal thermal comfort)
- fit out of the plaza on Level 2 (including a seating and stage area)
- construction of the Level 3 mezzanine (including a student community lounge and informal learning spaces)
- construction of an additional pedestrian bridge (connecting the precinct to building P)
- refurbishment of Deakin Central.