Central Precinct Infill
This project will deliver a new and improved heart for the Burwood Campus, transforming and brightening the current space. The precinct will become a contemporary, flexible hub that will feature a range of social and study areas including innovative, informal learning spaces.
Trimester 1, 2017
+61 3 9244 6246
A new heart for the Melbourne Burwood Campus
This new precinct will provide an energised, interactive destination for students, staff, and visitors. The precinct will boast a range of social and study areas, including approximately 250 informal learning spaces, and will support a connected experience via the integration of technology (including the installation of digital wayfinding screens).
The first stage of the project, which delivered a new steel and glass roof over the precinct, is now complete, allowing light to cascade through the roof and illuminate the space below.
Stage 2 works have now commenced and will include:
- installation of an environmentally responsive facade for the newly installed roof (allowing for optimal thermal comfort)
- fit out of the plaza on Level 2 (including a seating and stage area)
- construction of the Level 3 mezzanine (including a student community lounge and informal learning spaces)
- construction of an additional pedestrian bridge (connecting the precinct to building P)
- refurbishment of Deakin Central.