The goal of the medical school is to contribute to the improvement of the health and wellbeing of Australians by creating a cohort of new doctors who are skilled and motivated to pursue a career in medicine in rural and regional areas either as specialists or general practitioners.
The Deakin Medical School is located in an extensively renovated building which has been purpose designed to deliver the medical course.
The Bachelor of Health and Medical Science (Honours) is specifically designed to provide students from diverse undergraduate backgrounds with an opportunity to undertake research in a wide range of health and medical science disciplines, including basic biological sciences, population health, clinical practice, medical ethics and medical education.
- Master of Applied Science H852
Master of Applied Science H860
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) H960 (Rural and regional general practice)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) H961 (Basic gene discovery and molecular analysis)
Find a comprehensive list of supervisors and their research interests
- How to calculate your Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Victorian Government Health Information
- Medical Practitioners Board of Victoria
- The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER)
- The Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT)
- Graduate entry Medical School Admissions System (GEMSAS)
- What is ASGC-RA?
- Bonded Medical Places (BMP) Scheme
- Medical Rural Bonded Scholarships