What we offer
Deakin University offers online-only postgraduate programs for international students.
Our fully online programs offer the same high-quality learning experience as our on-campus offerings but with the extra convenience of being able to study from your home country. These benefits include:
- Your study experience will be less expensive overall as you don’t have to move to Australia.
- No visa is required, which saves both money and time for the application process.*
- Study full- or part-time and keep working at your job, allowing you to apply your learning immediately as you progress through the program.
Learn more about studying online with Deakin
* Students enrolled on fully online programs are not eligible to apply for a student visa for entry into Australia.
Our new fee structure
At Deakin, we recognise that cost can be a factor in choosing to study at an overseas university. That’s why we are offering a selection of our online-only postgraduate degrees at a reduced fee. This aligns with the fee structure of our price offering for Australian students, and highlights Deakin’s commitment to supporting our international students in progressing their careers.
The current programs offered at the fully online price are:
- Executive Master of Sport Business – AU $35,400 for one year, full-time
- Master of Advanced Nursing – AU $37,200 for one year, full-time
- Master of Applied Sport Science – AU $22,000 for one year, full-time
- Master of Business (Arts and Cultural Management) – AU $28,600 for one year, full-time
- Master of Disability and Inclusion – AU $25,800 for one year, full-time
- Master of Human Nutrition – AU $29,000 for one year, full-time
- Master of Human Resource Management – AU $29,400 for one year, full-time.
The fee reduction for these programs represents a significant saving for the same high-quality education you expect from Deakin’s full-fee programs.
The Deakin online experience
At some universities, your online experience is an afterthought. But not at Deakin. For the past 40 years, we’ve been perfecting distance and online learning.
As we move into an increasingly digital future, Deakin has invested in the latest technology and state-of-the-art learning tools to ensure our students are equipped with the skills and knowledge required for the jobs of tomorrow.
Studying online with Deakin offers a unique and stimulating teaching, learning and research environment. We bring the classroom to you using the advanced technology of our DeakinSync platform. Studying online gives you access to classes, seminars and resources, allows you to participate in live-streaming seminars and class discussions, chat with staff and students and to submit assignments online. When, where and how you study is up to you.
One of the benefits of joining a huge online community is the incredible support you get every step of the way. And it’s not just limited to your studies. All the support systems you need to be your best are available at your fingertips, such as:
- orientation and preparation resources
- academic and personal support when you need it
- easy-to-use online learning tools and resources, including downloadable recordings to watch or listen at your convenience
- 24/7 library access – browse digital resources at any time or have physical copies delivered to your door for free
- IT assistance with Australia's top-rated tech support^ (even outside regular hours).
Ready to apply? Visit our How to apply page to find the next steps.
^ According to the Voice Project IT Service Quality Support Benchmark Survey