How to pay your fees
When you accept your offer in the Deakin Studylink application portal, you will be given a choice to:
- Pay your fees through Deakin’s payment portal, or
- Use one of our online international payment providers (Other payment options).
Deakin payment portal
If you select this option, you will be transferred to Deakin’s payment portal. You will have a choice to pay via credit card, FlyWire or PayPal. It will automatically list your full deposit amount – you will not be able to pay in multiple instalments through the portal.
Other payment options
You can also pay your deposit in part or in full through:
Depending on the method you use to pay your fees, you may need to upload proof of payment in the Studylink Application Portal, so that our admissions staff can review and progress your acceptance.
Benefits of Deakin’s online payment options
Quicker processing – Paying your tuition fees online is faster than other payment options. This makes the acceptance process quicker, which allows you to apply for a student visa sooner.
No hidden charges – There are no hidden charges when paying online through one of our preferred international payment providers, so you can be sure that you are transferring the correct amount.
Multiple payment options – There are multiple ways of paying your fees online, so you can choose the option that suits you best.
Track your payment – You can easily track your payment online. Plus, if you pay with PayPal or credit card in Deakin’s payment portal, your payment will be processed instantly!
- No need to worry about exchange rates – the currency conversion rate can be locked for 72 hours for certain transactions.
Do you have questions about paying your fees online?
- For questions about the Deakin payment portal, please contact our admissions team via email or phone +61 3 9251 7757.
- For questions about using Flywire, please contact the Flywire customer support team via email or phone +61 (2) 8311 4772.
- For questions about using Western Union, please contact the Western Union student enquiries team via email or phone +612 8585 7351 (8am-5pm AEST).
Deferring your course and course payments
We understand that sometimes plans need to change. You are able to defer your offer until you can pay their fees in full.
We can help you manage your other expenses
There are some other costs, outside of your course fees, that you'll need to think about when you're getting ready to come to Australia. Other expenses may include:
- living costs, such as accommodation, transport and food
- a $55 course application fee (not charged when applying direct to Deakin online)
- your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- study-related items, such as textbooks and fieldwork costs.
Refunds and other important policies
If you need to withdraw from your Deakin course after you've paid your fees there are several options available.
- A 90%* refund is payable if you withdraw at least four weeks prior to the start of the trimester.
- A 50%* refund is payable by the University if you withdraw between four weeks prior to the start of trimester and the census date of the relevant unit/s.
Unfortunately, no refund is payable if you withdraw after the census date. If you need to withdraw at any time, you should let us know in writing as soon as possible.
* If detailed in your Letter of Offer, a non-refundable amount will be retained if you withdraw from your studies prior to the census date of the first teaching period in your award course. Please refer to your Letter of Offer for details.
If you're currently studying with us, you can find detailed current student fee information on our student site.