This scholarship is open to all students starting their studies at Deakin. It is recommended that scholarship applications be submitted at least one month prior to starting your studies at Deakin.
This scholarship is available for the normal duration of your course.
- 25% of your student contributions (tuition fees)*
*This bursary will not apply to H911 (Doctor of Medicine).
- be a prospective international student for a coursework degree at Deakin University
- be eligible to study at Deakin University
- have achieved a 65% average (or equivalent) in previous studies.
All criteria must be met.
Selection of successful applicants for the fixed number of scholarships will be competitive, and may require scores above the stated minimum requirements.
You are required to submit:
- a completed Deakin International Scholarship Program application form
- a personal statement (300 words)
- a completed application to study at Deakin including academic transcripts.
Your personal statement must be written by you and reflect your personal views. It should contain:
- an outline of why you want to study at Deakin University
- an overview of any extracurricular activities and work experience (paid or voluntary) you have undertaken
- why you think you would make an outstanding ambassador for Deakin University
- any other information that will assist your application.
You may also be asked to attend an interview.
How to apply
Please email your completed form to the Deakin International Admissions office.
What happens next?
Competition for the scholarships is extremely competitive. Once we receive your scholarship application, your application will be ranked against other applicants from across the world based on academic achievement.
Scholarships are offered on a rolling basis in the months leading up to the start of trimester. Only applicants who are successful in receiving a scholarship will be notified of the outcome of their scholarship application.