Our department has a strong industry focus. This is seen in ARC Linkage Grant success, Office of Learning and Teaching Grants, the IPA-Deakin SME Research partnership, our collaboration with the accounting profession to increase the number of Indigenous Australians entering the accounting profession and commissioned research for the Australian Accounting Standards Board.
Our strong industry engagement is further illustrated by our longstanding association with Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand in teaching the Chartered Accountants Foundation program. This non-award program provides graduates the foundation knowledge to undertake the Chartered Accountants Program offered by CAANZ.
Accounting staff have published in many of the leading journals in the discipline, including:
- The Accounting Review
- Journal of Accounting and Economics
- Accounting, Organizations and Society
- Contemporary Accounting Research
- Journal of Accounting Research
- Journal of Management Accounting Research
- Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory
- Journal of Accounting and Public Policy
- British Accounting Review
- International Journal of Accounting
- Accounting Auditing and Accountability
- Critical Perspectives on Accounting
- Journal of Business Ethics
- Accounting and Finance
- Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics
Prospective HDR students
Interested in research-level study? Gain the skills you need to get ahead in your workplace or start your research or academic career.
Find out how to become a research degree student
Learn more about our recent seminar presenters and topics presented by Deakin staff, visitors and research partners.
Find out more about our research seminars
Learn all about the projects our renowned researchers have been working on.
Discover our past research
Our staff are dedicated to excellence in teaching and research in accounting and financial planning.