Applications for Trimester 1 2019 open August 28 2018.
Applications for Trimester 1 2019 close 22 January 2019 5pm.
This scholarship is available for two years.
- Up to $7000 over two years (total value $7000)
- Accommodation discount of 10% available to successful applicants throughout duration of scholarship*
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled in Bachelor of Commerce at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus (located studies) in Trimester 1 2019
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- able to demonstrate a commitment to the Australian Agricultural and Agribusiness sector
- intending to major in Food and Agribusiness by selecting the appropriate unit set for the Food and Agribusiness Major in your first year
- able to demonstrate financial hardship by receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- complete a report at the end of each year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- attend a thank-you event with the donor.
* To be eligible for the payment and accommodation discount in the second year of the scholarship, you must be enrolled in the Food and Agribusiness major. This is identified by your course/unit enrolment.
When you apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of your commitment to the Australian Agricultural and Agribusiness sector.
In addition, you will need to supply evidence of your financial hardship.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll automatically be considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our course and scholarship applicant portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful usually within six weeks of the application closing date. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal account.