Applications for Trimester 3 2018 open Monday 29 October 2018.
Applications for Trimester 3 2018 close Wednesday 14 November 2018 5pm.
A one-off cash payment up to $2500.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be commencing or currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree at Deakin in Trimester 3 2018
- be enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- be able to demonstrate financial hardship, either that you receive a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a personal or combined family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status
- not already hold a bachelor degree
- not have already received a Work Integrated Learning Study Support scheme payment, HEPPP or other scholarship, equal to or greater than $2500 in 2018.
As part of the application process, you will also be required to upload current supporting documentation.
The supporting documentation required is evidence of your financial hardship
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
Applying for a scholarship isn't just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
How to apply
You can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You’ll find out if you were successful within four weeks after applications close. You can see the status of your application via your Course and Scholarship Applicant portal.