Trimester 1 2019
Applications open Tuesday 28 August 2018.
Applications close Thursday 7 February 2019 5pm.
Up to $7000 over two years (total value of this scholarship is $7000).
An accommodation discount of 10% will be available to successful applicants for the two year duration of the scholarship*.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled in Bachelor of Environmental Science (Marine Biology) at the Deakin Warrnambool Campus (located studies) in Trimester 1 2019
- enrolled full time in a Commonwealth supported place
- be receiving a means-tested Centrelink benefit or can demonstrate personal or family taxable income below $56,000, depending on independence status.
As a scholarship recipient you must:
- complete a report at the end of each year detailing how this scholarship has helped you with your studies
- attend a thank-you event with the donor.
* To be eligible for the payment and accommodation discount in the second year of the scholarship, you must be enrolled in the Bachelor of Environmental Science (Marine Biology) at Deakin's Warrnambool Campus.
To apply for this scholarship, you'll need to supply evidence of financial hardship.
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria.
It's a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship - it’s your opportunity to stand out from the crowd and be recognised for where you’ve come from and where you need to go.
How to apply
Apply through VTAC
If you’re applying to study at Deakin through VTAC and you complete a VTAC scholarship application, you’ll be automatically considered for this scholarship.
Apply directly to Deakin
If you are a commencing student who has deferred a previous year's course offer you can apply for this scholarship directly through our Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
What happens next?
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the details you provide and your supporting documentation.
You'll find out if you were successful up to six weeks after applications close.