Welcome to the Library
Anne Horn, University Librarian welcomes you.
The Library aims to build a range of high-quality services that are innovative and relevant, and customised for all teaching, learning and research needs.
We provide next-generation learning services and spaces and we are continually developing new and improved ways to support students and staff in their activities.
Access your Library anywhere, any time
We know that 'flexibility' and 'choice' are paramount in connecting people, technology and information. We bring together both our physical and virtual facilities and services, delivering information in a variety of formats and channels: printed and digital; face-to-face, online and mobile - providing you with easy access to all of the Library's resources.
What you'll find at the Library
Our Libraries are progressively being redeveloped to ensure you can access modern and attractive learning spaces with a great choice of study options.
Each library offers:
- zoned individual or in group study spaces
- casual spaces where you can meet friends, borrow books or
- a range of collections including the latest news and a selection of popular fiction
- the use of Library computers or the flexibility to bring in your own laptop and connect to the wireless network.
You can access:
- over 1.5 million books, journals, newspapers
- streaming videos, CDs and DVDs
- electronic journals and books can be accessed on the Library website
- search for information at any time on campus, or from home or work.
Alfred Deakin Prime Ministerial Library
Special Collections are accessible through the Alfred Deakin Prime Ministerial Library.
How we support you
You can discover more at our face-to-face workshops, designed to help you locate materials for assignments and research.
Our Research Librarians are available to assist with your research activities, providing individual and group support that is tailored to your needs.
University Librarian / Executive Director, Academic Support