- What Library services will I have access to?
- What can I borrow and for how long?
- Alumni e-resources
Membership is free and lasts 12 months. If you reside in Australia and need us to post your loans, Alumni Mail Delivery membership is $460 per year.
- Join the Deakin University Alumni Community
- Submit a Library membership application to start or renew your membership
- We’ll send email confirmation when your registration is complete, usually within two business days.
- Your library card will be mailed to you
- Bring photo ID and proof of your Australian address the first time you come in to borrow with your new or renewed membership card.
- access alumni e-resources.
- borrow from any of our campus libraries.
- borrow 10 items for 21 days and renew once.
- use our newspapers, hard copy journals, reference material and more.
- obtain a Visitor Deakin Card from the Library Service Desk to use for a limited amount of photocopying
- get assistance from our library staff.
- access e-books
- borrow 2hr, 1 day or 7 day loans, interlibrary loans, BONUS+, off-air recordings, course material, DVDs, videos or.
- access the internet through the Deakin University network.
What can I borrow and for how long?
|Without mail delivery||With mail delivery (excludes overseas)|
|Cost||Free||$460 (inc. GST)|
|Delivery of items||n/a||yes|
|In person borrowing||yes||yes|
|No. of items borrowed||10||10|
|Borrowing period||21 days||21 days|
|No. of renewals||1||1|
|Request items from all campuses||yes||yes|
|Request items out on loan||yes||yes|
Access to selected electronic resources (excludes e-books)
Access to electronic resources is not guaranteed and is subject to change at any time.
Membership access to electronic resources is personal, non commercial, and not to be shared with other individuals.
Alumni e-resources can be found on the Alumni A-Z Databases listing.