Graduating from university or moving on to a career? Your free alumni library membership will support you in lifelong learning.
To join the library, complete a Library membership application.
- You will need to know your Deakin student or staff ID number. Contact the Alumni Engagement Team if you don't remember it, or if you need to update your contact details.
- Membership is free and lasts for 12 months.
- Domestic delivery is available for $460 per year.
- Once you have submitted the application you will receive an email with your borrower details. It is important that you enter your correct email address, so that you can start to access library services and resources.
- Contact us if you do not receive an email with your membership details, or if you have any questions about membership or postal loans.
- To renew your membership, contact the Library.
Your membership includes:
- access to a limited selection of electronic resources
- borrowing 10 items from any of our campus libraries for 30 days
- access to our spaces
- access to Deakin Guest wi-fi on your own device
- get assistance from our library staff.
Not available to alumni:
- renewing items if they have been requested by another user, or they have already been renewed twice
- borrowing prescribed or recommended texts, off-air recordings or course materials
- placing requests for interlibrary loans
- use of the library computers, printers or study rooms.
Alumni member e-resources
Access to electronic resources is subject to change at any time.
Access to our databases and online resources is limited. A list of what is available as part of your Alumni library membership can be found on the Alumni A-Z list.
Membership access to electronic resources is personal, non commercial, and not to be shared with other individuals.
Your need for high-quality information doesn’t end when you leave university. Make the most of your alumni membership and consider the wide array of open access resources available to you.
The Beyond Deakin guide will help you: