Community and OUA
Our Community membership provides community members with access to selected electronic resources and to borrow books for free. Students and staff from overseas institutions are also eligible for this membership.
To join the Library, complete a Library membership application.
- Once you have submitted the application you will receive an email with your borrower details, so it is important that you enter your correct email address, so that you can start to access library services and resources.
- If you do not receive an email or if you have questions about the process or membership, please contact the Library.
Membership is free and last 12 months.
- borrow from any of our campus libraries.
- borrow 10 items for 21 days and renew twice.
- use our newspapers, hard copy journals, reference material and more.
- obtain a Visitor Deakin Card from the Library Service Desk to use for a limited amount of photocopying
- access selected electronic resources (see below list).
- remotely access these databases from home.
- renew items if they have been requested by another user, or they have already been renewed twice.
- borrow 2hr, 1 day or 7 day loans, interlibrary loans, off-air recordings, or course material.
- access some e-books.
- access the internet through the Deakin University network
- use the library computers or book study rooms.
Community member e-resources
Please note that access to electronic resources is subject to change at any time.
You can create a PIN, when first logging into an electronic resource.
Community member e-resources can be found on the Community A-Z Databases listing.