Community and OUA
Our Community membership allows community members to borrow books and access selected electronic resources for free. Students and staff from overseas institutions are also eligible for this membership.
To join the Library, complete a Library membership application.
- Once you have submitted the application you will receive an email with your borrower details, so it is important that you enter your correct email address, so that you can start to access library services and resources.
- If you do not receive an email or if you have questions about the process or membership, please contact the Library.
Membership is free and lasts 12 months.
To renew your membership, contact the Library.
- borrow from any of our campus libraries
- borrow 10 items for 30 days and renew twice
- use our hardcopy journals, reference materials and more
- access a limited selection of electronic resources
- access Deakin Guest wi-fi on your own device
- get assistance from our library staff.
- renew items if they have been requested by another user, or they have already been renewed twice
- borrow prescribed or recommended texts, off-air recordings or course materials
- place requests for interlibrary loans
- use the library computers, printers or book study rooms.
Community member e-resources
Access to electronic resources is subject to change at any time.
Community member e-resources can be accessed via the Community A-Z list.