At Deakin, we pride ourselves on the satisfaction of our students and the success of our graduates. To us, the experience of each student matters, from the quality of teaching they receive to their ongoing employability. When Deakin scores highly in a number of rankings year on year, it's thanks to thousands of these great individual experiences.
Overall student satisfaction
We've maintained the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities for the last seven years (AGS 2010–2015, GOS – QILT 2016).
Compared with all other universities in Victoria
Satisfaction with educational experience
Eighty three per cent of Deakin’s students thought that the overall quality of their educational experience at Deakin was ‘good’ or ‘excellent’. This was the second highest satisfaction level in Victoria and 10th in Australia.
Student satisfaction with areas of study
Deakin has 13 areas of study above the national average:
- agriculture and environmental studies
- business and management
- creative arts
- health services and support
- humanities, culture and social science
- science and mathematics
- social work
- teacher education.
Student satisfaction with university performance
Deakin is first in Victoria in the following areas of student satisfaction:
- quality of experience
- skills development
- teaching quality
- learning resources
- student support.
Areas of student satisfaction that Deakin scores consistently above the national average are:
Students recommending us to others
Source: 2017 Getting Started at Deakin Survey Report.
Research students recommending Deakin
Source: 2016 Higher Degree Research Survey.
Globally competitive rankings
Deakin is an internationally recognised university, both overall and for specific courses.
- Deakin was awarded a five-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). The rating indicates Deakin is world-class in a broad range of areas, has cutting-edge facilities and is internationally renowned for its research and teaching.
- Deakin is in the top 2% of the world's universities. This rating indicates world-class facilities, research and teaching, as well as employability, innovation and inclusiveness.
- We are number 29 in the QS World University Rankings of Universities Under 50 Years.
Course world rankings
Deakin's online MBA has been ranked first in Australia (and 16th internationally) by prestigious university rankings organisation QS (2016).
The world's most comprehensive ranking of online and distance learning MBA programs, the decision was based on 18 indicators including employer reputation, work experience of the students studying, accreditation and completion rate.
Find out what current and former Deakin students say about their time at Deakin.