Economics of Maternal and Child Health
The Economics of Maternal and Child Health team is dedicated to the economic evaluation of maternal and child health interventions, working closely with organisations interested in assessing the cost-effectiveness of their programs. The research team is involved in a broad range of research areas, from: pregnancy and postnatal care, through early childhood programs, and up to programs for primary school children. Increasingly, programs in this field of research are conceptualized as community interventions, targeting multiple groups across multiple settings and our economic evaluation methods seek to match this focus of evaluation and design.
Stream Coordinator: Lisa Gold
Centre for Research Excellence in Childhood Language (CRE-CL). S Reilly (Murdoch Childrens Research Institute), M Wake, J Law, B Tomblin, F Mensah, A Morgan, J Nicholson, L Gold, S Goldfeld (NHMRC Centres of Research Excellence 1023493).
How language develops, what goes wrong and why it matters: following the Early Language in Victoria Study (ELVS) to age 13. S Reilly (Murdoch Childrens Research Institute), M Wake, E Bavin, T Eadie, F Mensah, L Bretherton, L Gold, A Castles (NHMRC Project Grant 1023964).
Growing up in Australia's Child Health CheckPoint: Implementing an intergenerational health module for the Longitudinal Study of Australian Children. M Wake (Murdoch Childrens Research Institute), D Burgner, F Mensah, M Cheung, L Gold, S Clifford, T Olds, J Carlin, P Azzopardi, T Dwyer, R Saffery, S Ranganathan, B Edwards, H Rogers (Foundation for Children ID 2014-055).
Sleep Well Be Well: Improving school transition by improving child sleep - translational randomised trial. H Hiscock (Murdoch Childrens Research Institute), M Wake, J Quach, LGold, J McLoughlin, J Carlin (NHMRC Project Grant 1024203).
Sleeping sound with ADHD: Does a brief behavioural sleep intervention, delivered by trained health professionals, improve outcomes for children with ADHD? A cluster-randomised, translational trial. H Hiscock (Murdoch Childrens Research Institute), E Sciberras, H Heussler, F Oberklaid, N Rinehart, M Wiest (AI- Lisa Gold). (NHMRC Project Grant 1058827).
- Wake M., Levickis P., Tobin S., Gold L., Ukoumunne O.C., Goldfeld S. et al. Two-Year Outcomes of a Population-Based Intervention for Preschool Language Delay: An RCT. Pediatrics. 136 (4): 2015-1337.
- Roberts, G., Quach, J., Mensah, F., Gathercole, S., Gold, L., Anderson, P., Spencer-Smith, M., Wake, M. (2015). Schooling duration rather than chronological age predicts working memory between 6 and 7 years: the Memory Maestros study. Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics, 36(2): 68-74.
- Hegarty, K., Tarzia, L., Murray, E., Valpied, J., Humphreys, C., Taft, A., Gold, L., Glass, N. (2015). Protocol for a randomised controlled trial of a web-based healthy relationship tool and safety decision aid for women experiencing domestic violence (I-DECIDE). BMC Public Health, 15: 736.
- Lindberg, R., Whelan, J., Gold, L., Friel, S., Lawrence, M. (2015). Still serving hot soup? Two hundred years of a charitable food sector in Australia. A narrative review. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health, 39(4): 358-365.
- Christian, B., Young, D., Gibbs, L., de Silva, A., Gold, L., Riggs, E., Calache, H., Tadic, M., Hall, M., Moore, L., Waters, E. (2015). Exploring child dental service use among migrant families in Metropolitan Melbourne. Australian Dental Journal, 60: 200-204.
- Gibbs, L., Waters, E., Christian, B., Gold, L., Young, D., de Silva, A., Calache, H., Gussy, M., Watt, R., Riggs, E., Tadic, M., Pradel, V., Hall, M., Gondal, I., Moore L. (2015). Teeth Tales - A community based child oral health promotion trial with migrant families in Australia. BMJ Open; 5: e007321.
- Ball, K., McNaughton, S.A., Le, H.N., Gold, L., Ni Mhurchu, C., Abbott, G., Pollard, C., Crawford, D. (2015). Influence of price discounts and skill-building strategies on purchase and consumption of healthy food and beverages: outcomes of the Supermarket Healthy Eating for Life randomized controlled trial. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 101(5):1055-64.
- Virgo-Milton, M., Boak, R., Hoare, A., Gold, L., Waters, E., Gussy, M., Calache, H., O'Callaghan, E., de Silva, A.M. (2015). An exploration of the views of Australian mothers on promoting child oral health. Aust Dent J. doi: 10.1111/adj.12332.
- Clifford, S. A., Gold, L., Mensah, F. K., Jansen, P. W., Lucas, N., Nicholson, J. M., & Wake, M. (2015). Health-care costs of underweight, overweight and obesity: Australian population-based study. J Paediatr Child Health. doi: 10.1111/jpc.12932.