Risk Management in Science, Engineering and Built Environment
If you are working with any hazardous materials, equipment or processes the hazards need to be identified and control measures put in place to reduce the risk and keep you and others safe.
A starting point for assessing hazards in research work is a Work Safety Assessment, which you and your supervisor should complete before work starts. The information below is a useful resource for risk management of your work.
- Chemical Safety (University OH&S Manual)
- SEBE Chemical Management Guidelines
(PDF, 199.3 KB)
- Chemical Risk Assessment form
(XLSX, 38.4 KB)
- Chemical risk assessment - completed example
(XLSX, 39.2 KB)
- Segregation of Dangerous Goods - A3 poster
(PDF, 385.7 KB)
- Peroxide forming chemicals training
(PDF, 231.9 KB)
- Peroxide forming chemicals information sheet
(PDF, 105.4 KB)