Peer Support Network Members
Are you new to Deakin? Not sure who to ask, where to go, what to do? The Peer Support Network Program (PSN) is an excellent and supportive step into university life.
Being part of the PSN helps you to::
- transition to university life
- meet new people and make friends
- understand expectations and requirements as a university student
- learn about support services available to you as a student
- hear and learn from current Deakin students and their experiences
This is a free program and is designed to support you in the first few weeks of your university life.
You should expect bonds and friendships to develop through shared experiences from fellow new students such as yourself, as well as the experiences from PSN Leaders.
You will be paired with a PSN Leader, who is a current Deakin student, as well as be included in a small group of other new students such as yourself.
Weekly meetings will be arranged where your PSN Leader will provide guidance, advice and insight, both academic and social in order to help ease your transition to becoming an independent learner. Leaders will also be able to direct you to the right resources and support.
The Program is also strongly aligned with your school and is guided by academic contributions.