Work Integrated Learning - Science, Engineering and Built Environment
An internship or paid work placement experience provides:
- A valuable, life-long opportunity in preparing you for the world of work after you graduate
- Some of the critical skills required within the real world of industry that you cannot learn from your studies,
- Now with 'Start Anytime' units you can undertake a WIL placement unit and regular timetabled study during your placement, (providing it fits into your course structure and your study load)
- Discipline specific and non-discipline industry exposure, and the opportunity to develop good work practices
- Experience in work place culture and developing a professional network,
- It counts towards your Deakin degree
- Commence your work placement (Internship / IBL) anytime in the year
- Balance your work, study and life more effectively
- Available for both International and Domestic students.
- Important information before and during placements such as Insurance, hours, assessment, placements overseas, supervision, contracts, leave, enrolment, scholarships, police and working with children checks ...
- How to find a placement
- Your resume
- Where to look
- Preparation information
- Eligibility checklist
- How to express interest
I need help!
For more information regarding the WIL Program, or if you have any questions, please contact:
Program Manager (Work Integrated Learning)
Phone: (03) 9251 7624