International student support

International students (information for)
International students at Deakin have access to a range of programs including:\n\n•\tSupport from International Student Advisers \n•\tadvice and information on student visas, Overseas Student Health Cover, work restrictions\n•\tsupport programs\n•\treferrals to relevant Deakin divisions, services and facilities\n•\tlinks to community groups\n•\tDeakin University Student Association services such as clubs and societies and volunteering\n\nDeakinSync will provide relevant information for International students throughout the portal. \n\\n\nHOW DO I …?\nThe How do I …? website has been set up to provide international students with answers to a range of questions from your health & wellbeing to renewing your student visa. Use this as your first point of reference for any questions you may have.\\n\nHEALTH INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE\nOn-campus health information and assistance is available at Student Life. \nSee also MEDICAL CENTRES -\nFind it in DeakinSync under ‘Health and Wellbeing (health and medical)\n\nSTUDENT VISAS\nInternational students must be aware of the conditions of their student visa, including the requirement to ensure Deakin always has a record of their current address. Failure to comply with these conditions could result in their visas being cancelled. For the most up-to-date information on student visas, conditions and extensions, visit the DIBP website or speak to an ISA.\\n\nHEALTH INSURANCE\nUnder student visa conditions, international students are required to maintain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire length of their stay. Failure to have continuous cover could result in your visa being cancelled.\\n\nVISA RENEWAL\nIt is your responsibility as an international student to be aware of your visa expiry date and to renew your student visa if required. If you need information about how to extend your student visa, please see an ISA or read information online.\\n\nWORK RIGHT\nThere are visa restrictions regarding part-time work for international students and it’s important that you are familiar with these limits.\ \n\nDepartment of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)\nThis site provides comprehensive information about visas, living in Australia and citizenship.\\n\nSTUDY IN AUSTRALIA\nThis website provides information for international students about studying and living in Australia.\\n\nDEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION AND EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT\nThis website provides links to sites containing further information for international students about studying and living in Victoria.\nThis site also provides information for students who have children and want them to attend primary and/or high school in Victoria.\\n\nDEAKIN VISA/MIGRATION SERVICE \nSORT IT Deakin Student Legal service is powered by DUSA, in partnership with Eastern Community Legal Centre (ECLC) and Barwon Community Legal Service (BCLS). SORT IT provide confidential, free legal and VISA migration advice, information, referral and  more. Advice can be face-to-face or by phone with qualified lawyers.  \\n\n\tBURWOOD STUDENTS\n\tEastern Community Legal Centre \n\tT:\t03 9285 4822\n\tE:\\n\\n\n\tGEELONG STUDENTS\n\tBarwon Community Legal Service\n\tT:\t1300 430 599\n\tE:\\n\
Page custodian: eSolutions - Digital Presence
Last updated: