Useful websites for self-study (Writing)
Use the following websites to revise what you have learnt in the classroom and to improve your overall writing skills:
- Deakin Student Learning
- TLS Student Learning: General study skills, academic essay writing & exam techniques
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant: An interactive online writing tutorial.
- A Guide to Grammar and Writing: With over 400 references related to grammar and writing, you might find your answer here!
- Report Writing 2:
- The structure of a Sentence:
- Simple Sentences
- Communication strategies for Scientists and Engineers
- Academic literacy site
- MakeBeliefsComix.com: provides templates and tools for creating comics.
- Plain English at Work: a guide to help organisations develop English documents.
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab: An excellent writing resource on the web.
- Yes English Guide to Punctuation: tutorial covering all aspects of this subject.
- Annotated Sample Essay: This annotated essay is suitable for UP students and identifies what makes a good essay.
- Essay Writing: This has a good guide to writing an essay of 250-600 words. It uses the 5 paragraph structure and is useful for Elicos 1 – UP2 and IELTS.
Page custodian: Deakin International Last updated: