Apply for re-admission
How to apply for re-admission if your enrolment has been discontinued
Your enrolment at Deakin University can be discontinued for a variety of reasons, e.g. termination for non-payment of fees, withdrawal from studies or allowing your enrolment to lapse.
If your enrolment at Deakin University has been discontinued you may apply for re-admission.
How to apply for re-admission
You may need to complete some extra steps before you apply if you have outstanding fees, charges or were excluded from the University.
If you have outstanding fees and charges
- If you have outstanding fees and charges, you will need to pay any outstanding fees and charges before you can be re-admitted. You can check the amount owing and pay your charges at the Cashier's Office.
- If you have outstanding library obligations eg overdue books, fines, you should contact the library to resolve the issue.
If you have been excluded for academic reasons
If you have been excluded for academic reasons, contact your faculty course adviser / enrolment officer for information on re-admission.
Local undergraduate and postgraduate students applications
There are two ways to apply to readmit:
- If the course is available you can apply through the Applicant Portal
- Alternatively complete the re-admission form (PDF, 176.8 KB) and submit it to the Division of Student Administration.
Please note that if you are readmitting to a course you are not eligible to defer.
If you are an international student, please contact Deakin International to find out how to apply for re-admission.
Minimum computing, connectivity and student capability
To study at Deakin you need to have a minimum level of:
- Device such as desktop computer or laptop
- Connectivity to the internet
- Capability to use our online learning environments
For details on what the requirements are and helpful information please see our recommended computer standards.
Adding documents to your application
How applications are assessed
All applicants for re-admission will be considered on the basis of their academic performance and the availability of the course and will compete for selection with the total applicant pool at the time.