Deakin University prepares its students for a successful global career and is a leader in student satisfaction*.
Deakin is a multi-award winning university with world-class research facilities, as well as:
- expert lecturers and researchers
- terrific campuses
- successful graduates
Deakin is Australia's ninth largest university with over 42,000 students, of whom approximately one in five are international students from over 100 countries.
Teaching awards and research success
Deakin's standard of teaching excellence is recognised in national awards.
Deakin has achieved considerable success in getting grants from the Australian Research Council (ARC) and National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC). The Australian government's Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) initiative has assessed much of Deakin's research as being world-class or above world standards. Read about our recent teaching awards and research success.
Awards and achievements
Deakin is renowned for:
- Excellent teaching and innovative course delivery
- Creating a student-focused culture
- Being accessible, helpful and friendly
Deakin University is:
- A sector leader for student satisfaction, currently first in Victoria and third in Australia (Australian Graduate Survey).
- A 5-star rated university, recently awarded by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
How Deakin ranks on the world stage
Deakin University has won the prestigious Australian University of the Year award, twice for our innovative use of technology in education and for our partnerships with industry.
Deakin continues to win numerous academic awards and receive high rankings by various independent research organisations, these include:
- No. 1 in Australia and No. 11 in the world in sport management courses by SportBusiness International
- Deakin University English Language Institute ranked No. 1 in student learning satisfaction*
- Five-star rating for MBA and MBA (International) programs by GMAA**
- Received the highest number of Australian Learning and Teaching Council awards in 2011
- Holds the 9th largest number of grants awarded by the Australian Research Council Linkage Round for 2012 Funding
- Top 4 per cent of all universities (Times Higher Education)
- Top 51-100 in the world in accounting and finance (www.topuniversities.com)
- Top 101-150 in the world in economics, econometrics, natural science, sociology and the social sciences (www.topuniversities.com).
Deakin University is a member of Universities Australia and the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Our award-winning approach to higher education ensures that professional associations, relevant industries and universities worldwide will recognise your degree.
Two of Deakin University's business programs, the MBA and Bachelor of Commerce have recently received an ultimate benchmark of international quality - accreditation by the European Foundation for Management Development's Programme (EFMD).
*Deakin University English Language Institute (DUELI) has been ranked number one amongst university English language centres in student satisfaction in a survey conducted by International Graduate Insight Group (i-graduate) in Australia and results published earlier in 2012. i-graduate is an independent organisation that conducts surveys and carries out tracking and benchmarking for the education sector worldwide.
**The Graduate Management Association of Australia (GMAA)