Studying at Deakin
Finish your studies sooner
Deakin courses are flexible to suit your career objectives and other commitments.
You can choose to study full-time on-campus, off-campus overseas, or even fast-track your studies by studying a third trimester over summer.
Many courses allow you to study online and enrol in electives from other study areas to meet your career objectives.
Learn more about the different study options.
Expert lecturers and researchers
Teaching and research excellence
Our teaching and research staff are experts in their fields, with broad international links and experience. This means you have access to the latest information and resources.
Deakin's lecturers draw on current industry practice, plus industry professionals often feature as guest lecturers so you can learn from the best.
Learn more about teaching and learning excellence.
Modern and innovative spaces
Deakin's facilities are constantly evolving so you can access and get practice in using the latest tools and technologies.
The Deakin Motion.Lab at the Melbourne Burwood Campus, and the 'new generation' library learning spaces at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus are just two of our latest developments.
The Geelong Technology Precinct is a unique resource and facility for research aimed at industry co-operation and research application.
Deakin has 17 schools in four faculties offering you over 550 courses.
Deakin also has a large range of research institutes and strategic centres.
Faculty of Arts and Education
- School of Communication and Creative Arts
- School of Education
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Faculty of Business and Law
- Deakin Graduate School of Business
- School of Accounting, Economics and Finance
- School of Information Systems
- School of Law
- School of Management and Marketing
Faculty of Health
- School of Psychology
- School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences
- School of Health and Social Development
- School of Nursing and Midwifery
- School of Medicine
Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- School of Architecture and Built Environment
- School of Engineering
- School of Information Technology
- School of Life and Environmental Sciences
Getting in to Deakin
Do my prior studies count?
There are a range of different ways to apply to Deakin, including some great pathway packages. You can also apply for:
- Credit for Prior Learning (credit transfer) if you have already completed some studies
- a great range of scholarships