Contemporary Small Sculpture Award
In it's seventh year, this annual acquisitive award and exhibition is organised by the Art Collection and Galleries Unit at Deakin University. One outstanding entry will be awarded $10 000 and will become part of the Deakin University At Collection. Entries can be in any media but must be under 70cm in size and free standing. Applications for the award close on 17 April 2015. The winner will be announced at the opening of a four week exhibition of finalists' works.
Our dates are changing
Entries close: 17 April 2015
Finalists notified: 1 May 2015
Work delivered by: 2 June 2015
Exhibition display period: 10 June - 10 July 2015
Announcement of judges for the 2015 Deakin University Contemporary Small Sculpture Award
We are pleased to announce that the judges of the 2015 Deakin University Contemporary Small Sculpture Award will be as follows:
- Professor David Cross, Professor of Visual Arts at Deakin University.
- Ken Scarlett OAM, writer and curator on Australian sculpture.
- Leanne Willis, Manager Art Collection and Galleries, Deakin University.
Previous winners have included:
- 2014 - Mikala Dwyer, Empty Sculpture
- 2013 - Michael Sibel, Primitive Dance
- 2012 - Lisa Roet, Spider Monkey
- 2011 - Stephen Bird, Boxers.
- 2010 - Robert Hague, Trojan Hammer (200%)
- 2009 - Stephen Benwell, Statue, Grey-Pink Man
Exhibition of Finalists, 2014 Deakin University Small Sculpture Award
Deakin University Art Gallery
Photo: Simon Peter Fox