Prepare for my first appointment
Sometimes it is difficult to know what to say when you meet the counsellor.
These questions may help you organise your thoughts:
- What are you thinking, feeling or doing that tells you there is a problem?
- How are your thoughts, feelings and behaviours affecting your study?
- What have you already done to try to fix the problem?
- Will you need to contact your lecturers to seek extensions or special consideration?
- Who else might you get help from?
- What is going well in your life?
- What are you doing to look after yourself at the moment?
- What do you hope to achieve by talking to a counsellor?