Dangerous or threatening person
- You should report suspicious persons and vehicles to security, dial 222 or 1800 062579.
- If an aggressor persists with threats of violence:
Contact Police, dial 0, then 000 or
Contact Security, dial 222.
- After a traumatic event has occurred on campus, the Senior Counsellor from the Division of Student Life should be requested to assist those staff or students affected by the incident.
- If you have felt endangered or threatened, always report the incident.
Personal security precautions:
- Staff and students may make arrangements with security guards to provide safe passage to their cars. Arrange this service ahead of time, by calling 222.
- If you are on campus at night, try to ensure that you travel around in groups of 2 or more.
- Academic staff should encourage groups of students attending the University after dark to park in the same car park, and return to their cars together.
- If you are going to stay on campus after dark, move your cars as close as possible to your building during the later afternoon.
- Volunteer to accompany people who need to cross the campus at night, and take someone else with you to keep you company on the return journey.
Page custodian: Division of Student Life Last updated: