Obtaining a key/access
The following people can obtain a key or access card:
- University student.
- Students (conditions apply according to faculty).
- Contractors / visitors / lessees (conditions apply).
The policy on keys, access cards and locks can be found in Deakin’s policy library - 'security procedure'.
Request a key/access
Students may make the following requests online:
- New key.
- New access (if you have had a student ID card already).
- Update access on an existing access card.
- Log on to the online request system.
- Select the request you’d like to make and follow the prompts to fill in each information field.
- Upon submitting the request, your authoriser will receive an email notification and the request will be approved/rejected. You will receive an email confirmation upon approval/rejection, including any notes pertinent to your request.
- All approved requests will be processed by campus services division.
- If you have requested a key, you will receive an email when it’s ready. You’ll need to bring ID when you come to collect it.
- Requests for access will be added to your student ID card. You will receive an email once this has been completed.
- You will be unable to request a replacement key online (for one that is lost or stolen) until it has been reported online. You can report a lost key here.
There are some request types that are managed manually for security and administrative reasons.
|Change a request for keys or access cards||Please email enquiries for keys to firstname.lastname@example.org or access card to email@example.com.|
|Replacement of lost/stolen keys/access cards||Please report any lost or stolen keys/cards via the online access request form|
|Replacement of lost/stolen/broken cards||If your access card is broken, a new Deakin card (Student ID) can be printed at Student Central. The new card will activate with the same access within three hours and will cancel your old card. Printing will activate in one hour.|
Collecting your key
Most key requests will be ready to collect within four working days of your request being approved by your authoriser, however, in exceptional circumstances this may take longer.
Keys must be collected in person from the Student Central selected on your request. You will receive an email when the key is ready and will need to present ID when you go to collect it. Keys cannot be mailed out to you.
If you leave Deakin University
All keys and access cards should be returned to Student Central.
For more information
03 5227 8165 | firstname.lastname@example.org
03 5227 8165 | email@example.com