Volunteering in our program will involve providing new international students, who will be commencing their studies in a new Trimester with a supportive network through friendly, practical and competent assistance.
Our volunteers are highly valued by the University because of their role in the process of 'internationalisation', and the raising of cultural awareness amongst all Deakin University staff and students.
How to apply for T2 2014:
Participation in the program will include:
- taking part in a compulsory two-day training program
- attendance at the International Student Briefing
- taking responsibility for and working on a number of tasks that are part of the program
- organisation of and participation in a number of further activities up until Week 4 of the trimester
- acquiring valuable leadership experience, communication and cross-cultural skills
- a custom T-shirt with Deakin logo and program inscription
- opportunity to make new friends from different parts of the world.
If you have any further questions with regards to ISS-Connect, please contact an International Student Adviser at your Campus.