Safety and Security
Security Services are making our campuses safe and welcoming environments for students, staff and visitors 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.
Security Services are here to help - Call us on 1800 062 579
We’re responsible for:
- Promoting good personal safety and security practices
- Effectively undertaking patrols, alarm monitoring and CCTV surveillance
- Responding rapidly to security incidents, emergency situations and threat concerns
- Security of persons lawfully engaged in campus activities
- Protection of University property and facilities
- Responding to incidents that impact the University
- Providing after-hours emergency assistance and first aid
- Enforcing parking regulations and patrolling campuses
- Providing a visible presence to assure students and staff of a safe workplace, and to deter offenders
- Managing building access and building security
Deakin Security Services provides a free 24/7 service and can be booked by contacting Security by phone or by using the Help button on the SafeZone app.
We recommended that you call Security at least 10 minutes prior to the requested time. Deakin Security recommends you try to avoid walking alone on campus at night. Parking your vehicle close to the centre of campus will help. Parking regulations in general parking zones are relaxed from 4.30 pm onwards.