Deakin Postgraduate Scholarships
The Deakin Postgraduate Scholarships aim to assist students undertaking a postgraduate by coursework course, who, because of hardship, disability or other form of disadvantage may not otherwise be able to further their education in postgraduate studies.
If this is your experience consider applying for a Deakin Postgraduate Scholarship.
One-off cash payment of $5000
Number per year
Up to 18
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing student enrolled at Deakin University in a postgraduate course of study, either in a Masters, Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate in Trimester 1 2015
- enrolling in the first year of your postgraduate course of studies
- studying on or off campus, either as a full time or part time student
- able to demonstrate a financial, social or geographical disadvantage
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and the supporting documentation supplied.
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 will open in November 2014.
As part of the application process you will be required to provide supporting documentation in support of your application. If you do not provide supporting documentation by the scholarship closing date your application will not be assessed.
The documentation you must provide will depend on the information you provide in your application. This documentation must be uploaded as part of your online scholarship application by the scholarship closing date. During the online application process you will be prompted about what documentation you will need to supply.
Prior to the scholarship closing you will be able to re-enter your online scholarship application at any time to upload your documents. You can use the 'Upload Documents' option at the top on the application page to submit your documentation.