Deakin Postgraduate Scholarships
The Deakin Postgraduate Scholarships aim to assist students undertaking a postgraduate by coursework course, who, because of hardship, disability or other form of disadvantage may not otherwise be able to further their education in postgraduate studies.
Cash payment of up to $10 000 per year
Up to two years
Number per year
Up to 24 (6 per Faculty)
To be eligible for this scholarship you must be:
- an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- a commencing or continuing student enrolled at Deakin University in a postgraduate course of study, either in a Masters, Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate in Trimester 1 2015
- studying on campus or in the Cloud (online), either as a full time or part time student
- able to demonstrate a financial, social or geographical disadvantage.
Please note: As the Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery course is considered a graduate entry undergraduate degree, students enrolled in this course are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and the supporting documentation supplied.
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You should upload your supporting documentation as part of the online application process no later than the closing date of the scholarship. Late documentation will not be accepted..
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- financial, social or geographical disadvantage
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 are now closed.