Whitehorse City Council Scholarship
If you have been a resident in the City of Whitehorse for the past three years, can show participation and involvement in your local community and need financial assistance with your study costs, you should consider applying for this scholarship to reduce your study expenses.
Cash payment up to $4500
Number per year
One (subject to confirmation)
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing or currently enrolled student studying full time in an undergraduate bachelor degree at the Melbourne Campus at Burwood in a Commonwealth supported place
- be a resident of the City of Whitehorse for at least the previous three years
- be able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status
- have a demonstrable involvement and contribution in the local community. Involvement can cover, but not limited to, activities such as being a member of guides, babysitting, scouts or sporting, recreation and leisure clubs
- provide details of academic achievement as part of their application
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
You must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal by the closing date.
Scholarship holders will be required to attend an event held by the City of Whitehorse and agree to be publicly recognised as a recipient of this scholarship.
As part of the application process you will also be required to provide supporting documentation. You should upload your supporting documentation as part of the online application process no later than the closing date of the scholarship. Late documentation will not be accepted..
The supporting documentation required includes evidence of:
- your financial hardship
- any medical condition
- community and volunteer involvement
The types of documents you could provide are listed on the Supporting documentation page.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 are now closed.