Whitehorse City Council Scholarship
If you have been a resident in the City of Whitehorse for the past three years, can show participation and involvement in your local community and need financial assistance with your study costs, you should consider applying for this scholarship to reduce your study expenses.
Cash payment up to $4500.
Number per year
One (subject to confirmation)
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing or currently enrolled student studying full time in an undergraduate course at the Melbourne Campus at Burwood in a Commonwealth supported place
- be a resident of the City of Whitehorse for at least the previous three years
- be able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit or have a combined family taxable income below the HECS-HELP repayment threshold, depending on independence status
- have a demonstrable involvement and contribution in the local community. Involvement can cover, but not limited to, activities such as being a member of guides, babysitting, scouts or sporting, recreation and leisure clubs
- provide details of academic achievement as part of their application
Your application will be assessed and ranked based on the information you provide in your application and supporting documentation.
How to apply
You must complete an online application via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal by the closing date.
Applications for Trimester 1 2015 open 4 August 2014 and close 13 February 2015.
As part of the application process you will be required to provide supporting documentation.
Prior to the submission of your scholarship application and the closing date, you will be able to re-enter your online scholarship application at any time to upload your documents. You can use the 'Upload Documents' option at the top on the application page to submit your documentation.