Whitehorse City Council Scholarship
If you have been a resident in the City of Whitehorse for three years, can show participation and involvement in your local community and need financial assistance with your study costs, you should consider applying for this scholarship to reduce your study expenses.
Payment of student contributions up to the value of $4500 or paid in cash to assist with study costs.
Number per year
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- be a commencing or currently enrolling student studying full time in an undergraduate course at the Melbourne Campus at Burwood in a Commonwealth supported place
- be a resident of the City of Whitehorse for at least the previous three years
- have a demonstrable involvement and contribution in the local community
- be able to demonstrate high academic achievement
- be able to demonstrate you are in receipt of a means-tested Centrelink benefit
- provide details of academic achievement
- fulfill the 'needs' classification under accepted financial support criteria by the City of Whitehorse (Applicants must be the recipient of a Health Care Card)
Community involvement is a preferred criteria, but not essential and can cover activities such as being a member of guides, scouts or sporting, recreation and leisure clubs.
How to apply
Applicants can apply directly to Deakin University via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal. Short listed students will be requested to complete a separate application form once eligibility has been confirmed.
The available of this scholarship for Trimester 1 2014 is to be confirmed.