If you're a postgraduate student and planning to use FEE-HELP to cover your tuition fees, you can use our FEE-HELP calculator tool to find out how much your repayments will be after you graduate.
We offer scholarships for many situations, whether you have experienced disadvantage and/or achieved academic merit. Awarding a Deakin scholarship is our chance to acknowledge and reward your accomplishments and hard work.
Centrelink for postgraduate students
If you're enrolled in a specific master's program at Deakin, you may be able to receive financial support through a Centrelink payment. Check our list to see if your course is eligible.
- Juris Doctor
- Master of Applied Learning and Teaching
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Child Play Therapy
- Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Construction Management (Professional)
- Master of Dietetics
- Master of Specialist Inclusive Education
- Master of Financial Planning
- Master of Health Economics
- Master of Information Systems
- Master of Advanced Nursing (Nurse Practitioner)
- Master of Planning (Professional)
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting/Master of Commerce
- Master of Psychology (Clinical)
- Master of Psychology (Organisational)
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Teaching (Early Childhood)
- Master of Teaching (Primary and Early Childhood)
- Master of Teaching (Primary and Secondary)
- Master of Teaching (Primary)
- Master of Teaching (Secondary)
To be eligible for student income support through Youth Allowance and Austudy, you'll need to be studying full time and satisfy other eligibility requirements including personal, parental or partner income tests.
Support for overseas study
Deakin has a range of programs for overseas study that allows you to experience a different culture while enhancing your academic and life goals.
You may be eligible to receive assistance for overseas study travel expenses such as airfares and accommodation with an OS-HELP loan.
You can find out more about HELP schemes and your financial responsibilities at the following Australian Government websites.
The Study Assist website provides up-to-date information about Australian Government assistance for financing tertiary study.
Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
As well as managing your loan repayments after you graduate, the ATO provides information about different study and training support loans.