Deakin offers a number of professional development programs for qualified teachers. With a range of specialised areas, we give you an understanding of contemporary education issues and discourses, as well as high-level critical and evaluation skills. We also offer you the chance to undertake education research projects.
The course is continuously changing to cater to what's relevant to what is happening in the industry today.
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Drama)/Master of Education
Further study for qualified teachers courses
Study with Deakin and we'll help you transform your passion into a successful and rewarding career
Research with us
We have partnerships to help you develop innovative research. With links to schools, professional associations and government departments, we’ll help bring your ideas to life.
Recent Deakin research
Early childhood science education: do Australian publishing trends represent world publishing trends?
Coral Campbell finds, from a historical perspective, a distinctive approach evolving in early childhood science education.
Our teaching courses are accredited with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT). We’ve also got links with a number of industry partners, including:
- Regional Centre for Education in Science and Mathematics (RECSAM)
- Department of Education and Training (DET)
- National Taiwan Normal University
- International Centre for Classroom Research, University of Melbourne
- various schools
- universities in Germany, Sweden and Mexico.
A course in education can lead you to a career in:
- community education centres
- early childhood education
- government departments
- primary schools
- private academies and agencies
- private colleges
- secondary schools
- sports, recreation and fitness industries
- TAFE, Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Browse other disciplines within education and teaching
Choose an area that you're interested in and learn how Deakin's extensive range of study options and experiences can help turn your dreams into reality.