We are guided and underpinned by the following principles:
- To be responsive to current and emerging population health problems.
- To deliver quality and impact-driven evidence-based research activities.
- To be effective innovators and creators, through building on the body of research knowledge in population health.
- To demonstrate our capability as a dynamic and trusted research partner collaborating with a wide range of disciplines, services and organisations.
- To build and sustain a supportive and enquiring environment for students and career development opportunities for our early career academics.
Our research collaborations
We are a well-established group of internationally recognised academics with a collective focus on improving population health.
Our research activity is multidisciplinary and collaborative in its partnerships and responds to national and international health problems using a range of research methodologies.
Commencing in 2003, CPHR has expanded to include six research units with teams in each unit working on a broad range of population-based health research initiatives. These include:
- Health Economics
- Health Systems Improvement
- Work Health and Wellbeing
- Global Obesity Centre
- Disability and Inclusion.
While studying with CPHR I have found it to be a supportive research environment that encourages students to achieve their best.
Join our research team
To become a CPHR research student, you need to have a clear vision of what you want to investigate and which unit and academic staff member you wish to study with. We welcome specific enquiries by prospective students to CPHR academic staff, proposing specific topic areas of research.
Find a supervisor from our CPHR staff
Once you know what you want to do, discuss your proposal with a potential supervisor at CPHR.
Ask our staff if they have time to supervise you, if they specialise in the area you want to focus on and if they like the sound of your proposal!
Centre for Population Health Research (CPHR)
+61 3 9244 6464
School of Health and Social Development
221 Burwood Highway
Burwood, VIC 3125