Your course may require you to participate in off-campus activities such as field trips or practicums.
The Disability Resource Centre seeks to help make learning activities as inclusive as possible. Contact us for advice on making the most of your participation.
Tips for planning practicums and field trips
- Think about the impact of your disability or health condition in relation to any field trips or practicums as early as possible.
- If you think field trips or off-site travel may present some difficulties for you, find out as soon as you can whether any are planned for your trimester's units.
- Consider what adjustments might need to be made and be proactive in discussing your needs with staff so arrangements can be implemented in time.
- When planning a practicum, consider the issues around disclosing your disability to the placement provider. The Disability Resource Centre can help with this.
- If you run into difficulties on your practicum, make sure you let your practicum provider and the University contact know as soon as possible, so these can be resolved quickly.