Do you need a dentist or dental service?
Deakin University does not have on-campus dentist or dental services. If you are not sure where to start looking for a good dentist these tips are provided to help you in your search:
- Look for an ADA (Australian Dental Association) Member. ADA Members have a code of ethics and on-going training.
- Ask your friends and family for their recommendation.
- Look for a surgery that is convenient for you. Do they provide after-hours emergency services? Is the surgery clean and the instruments sterilised?
- Are the dentist and his/her staff friendly? Can they answer any questions you have about the surgery and its services?
- Ask about treatment options. If you don't understand, ask the dentist or an assistant to explain it to you. Are there standard fees or pre-treatment estimates? How and when do you pay for treatment?
- Dental treatment is not covered by Medicare or Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Ask if they will give you a student discount
Locating a dentist online
Please note: Whilst care has been taken to ensure that external web sites are credible sources of information, no responsibility can be taken for their content. Web-based health information does not replace the need to see an appropriate health care professional.
Sourced from Australian Dental Association, September 9, 2008