Time to level the tertiary playing field
Researchers have found that higher SES students are dominating TAFE degrees.
Kinder gardens get a makeover
Educators join with top horticulturalist to improve childcare environments.
Stemming the science 'brain drain'
Deakin seeks to reverse the flow away from maths and science in high schools.
- About us
- Vision Statement
- Our members
- Our Research
- Science, mathematics, environmental and health education for sustainable communities
- Pedagogy, cultures and professional engagement
- Governance, policy and educational leadership
- Major Research Projects
- Partnerships and engagement
- Events and Conferences
Ms Lisa Angelini
+61 (3) 925 17147
The Centre's programs share a common purpose, which is to investigate and provide innovative research to inform policy in priority areas.
The Centre for Research in Educational Futures and Innovation has well developed national and international collaborative research networks and partnerships around three major interrelated programs of research.
- Science, mathematics, environmental and health education for sustainable communities - Convenor Professor Russell Tytler
- Curriculum, pedagogy, and culture - Convenor Professor Christine Halse
- Governance, policy and educational leadership- Convenor Professor Trevor Gale
- Education profession, workforce studies and knowledge dissemination
Students, teachers and academics experimenting with new approaches benefit most from educational innovations produced through complementary and synergistic research strengths. We encourage and support interdisciplinary research across the 4 Research Programs within the School of Education and Faculty, and across other research centres including but not only the following themes.
- Internationalisation and intercultural education
- Globalisation and higher education
- Spatialised pedagogies and visual methodologies
Find out more about our specific research:
Deakin University CRICOS Provider Code: 00113B