Are you ready?
- Are you in your final trimester?
- Do you have your final results?
- When does registration open?
- Have you been deemed ineligible for your award?
- Do you have an encumbrance?
Are you in your final trimester?
If you are in your final trimester, you will be sent an email to your Deakin email address near the end of the trimester to advise you of the graduation process. Once your final results are released and you have completed the requirements of your course, your Faculty will deem you eligible for your award. You will be sent further information and an academic transcript showing your eligibility.
Ensure you submit your registration and pay your graduation fee before the closing date regardless of whether you have received your final results. Late registrations cannot be accepted.
If you believe you should have received an application invitation but have not please contact Deakin Central immediately.
Early or Alternate Exits
Students who are considering applying for an early or alternate exit will need to speak to their Faculty Advisor.
Do you have your final results?
Regardless of whether you have received your final results, you should register to graduate before the closing date. Late registrations will not be accepted.
When does registration open?
|Completion time||Ceremony held||Registration to graduate opens||Registration to graduate closes|
|Trimester 1 2015||5 - 8 October 2015||1 July 2015||31 July 2015|
|Trimester 2 2015 (Internationals) and Semester 2 2015 (School of Medicine)||10 - 11 December 2015||1 October 2015||30 October 2015|
Have you been deemed ineligible for your award?
If you have applied to graduate and have been deemed ineligible for your award, you will be notified of this by mail. Please contact the Faculty staff member nominated in the advice letter to resolve any questions about your course completion.
If you have applied to graduate and are not eligible for your award you will be sent a new invitation to register to graduate for the following round of ceremonies. If your graduation fee has been paid and you are deemed ineligible to graduate a full refund can be requested by contacting Deakin Central.
Do you have an encumbrance?
Under the University's legislation, students with an encumbrance for outstanding fees or charges are not able to graduate until the encumbrance is lifted. Please contact Deakin Central if you believe you have completed your degree and have recently cleared the encumbrance from your record.
Important - It is your responsibility to pay any outstanding debts you may have to Deakin University. If you still have a debt 6 weeks before the ceremony, you will not be eligible to graduate. This is non-negotiable and we will strictly apply this ruling without exception.
If you are still in debt at the date indicated above and have registered to graduate, please note the following:
- Your registration will be cancelled and you will not be able to graduate.
- The settlement of any outstanding debts within 6 weeks of the ceremony will resolve your debt, however, we will not be able to restore your place in the graduation ceremony and you will need to apply for the next appropriate graduation ceremony to be held.
- If family or friends wish to make payments to clear debts on your behalf please be aware that the university is not at liberty to discuss the matter with them due to the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014, this means that we can only discuss your debts with you and not a third party, even if that third party is a family member.
Please be aware that although you may be clear of debt at present it may still be possible to accrue debt between now and your graduation date eg: library fines. If this occurs your graduation application will be cancelled.