Your graduation fee includes everything you need for graduation day, from regalia to refreshments.
Your graduation fee covers:
- two guest tickets (PhD students receive 4 guest tickets)
- academic dress (regalia) hire
- keepsake trencher
- light refreshments (post-ceremony) for you and your guests.
|Graduation fee||February 2024 graduation round|
Monday 23 October to Thursday 14 December 2023
June 2024 graduation round
Monday 26 February to Friday 26 April 2024
September 2024 graduation round
Monday 17 June to Monday 26 August 2024
|Graduating in absentia||$0|
Refunds for graduation fees
You can apply for a refund if you've already paid your graduation fee but are ineligible to graduate or can no longer make it to your ceremony.
The amount refunded will vary depending on how much notice you give us:
- Four weeks' notice from commencement of ceremony round - full refund
- 2-4 weeks' notice from commencement of ceremony round - $140 refund
- Less than two weeks' notice from commencement of ceremony round - no refund
- Students deemed ineligible and who have applied to attend and paid the graduation fee - full refund
If you have your own academic dress (regalia)
Graduates may choose to purchase their own regalia through our preferred supplier Spear of Fame. Part of the graduation fee may be refunded if the graduations office are notified of purchase of regalia prior to the commencement of the ceremonies. Please see purchase academic regalia for pricing and further information.
|Complete academic dress (gown and hood)||$66|
To apply for your refund, simply attach proof of purchase of your academic dress in an email to the graduation office.
Each graduate is allocated two guest tickets (PhD students receive 4 guest tickets) as part of their graduation fee. Graduates can register for their guest tickets and purchase additional tickets online with Reed Events from the week commencing Monday 22 January 2024.
Extra tickets cost $45 per ticket (subject to availability).
Children who are 4 years or younger do not require a ticket, however they must sit on the lap of a guardian if the ceremony is sold out.
Please Note: Purchased tickets are non-refundable if less than three weeks’ notice from the commencement of the ceremony round is given by students who are unable to attend their graduation.