To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Arts (Years 1 to 3), students must complete 24 credit points as follows:
- An approved Arts major sequence in International Relations
- An approved Arts minor sequence of at least 4 credit points, or a second approved Arts major sequence of at least 8 credit points as listed below
- No more than 10 credit points of units at level 1
- A minimum of 4 credit points at level 3.
Note: Students completing minors in Arabic, Chinese, Indonesian and Spanish are permitted to complete 4 cp across any 2 levels, i.e. students may complete 2 credit points at level 2 and 2 credit points at level 3
* Students must have completed 24 credit points of study successfully and achieved a WAM of 60 to continue through to the Master of Arts (International Relations). Students not having fulfilled this requirement are eligible to graduate with the Bachelor of Arts as an alternative exit.
To qualify for the award of Master of Arts (International Relations), students must complete 12 credit points including two core units and one of the following streams:
- 2 core units AIR726 and AIR728
- 6 credit points of research project units (AIX706; AIX707 or AIX708; AIX702 (2cps); AIX703 (2cps))
- 4 credit points of electives chosen from the specialisations or general electives
- 4 credit points of research units (AIX704; AIX705; AIX706; AIX707 or AIX708)
- 6 credit points of electives chosen from the specialisations or general electives
- 2 credit point of research units (AIX701 and AIX706)
- 8 credit points of electives chosen from the specialisations or general electives
Students must also complete AAI018 Academic Integrity (0-credit-point compulsory unit)
The Faculty offers two units AIX160 Introduction to University Study and AIX117 Professional Writing for Work, that are specifically designed to ease the transition into university study. New students are encouraged to enrol in one or both of these units in their first year.