Environmental management and sustainability students
Throughout your course, you'll travel to one or more of the following places:
- Community environment parks and sustainability centres, where you'll learn about sustainable communities, community gardening and green technologies.
- Urban parks, where you'll learn how to conduct vegetation surveys, analyse water quality, map soils and microclimate, and analyse groundwater pollution.
- Western Victoria, where you'll go on a cultural heritage tour with traditional owners of the land.
- Businesses across Victoria and further afield, where you'll analyse waste management programs and develop waste management strategies and environmental improvement programs and also develop environmental policies and project plans.
- The Australian coast, where you'll explore coastal development and develop skills in land use planning and environmental impact assessment.
- National parks, where you'll learn about scientific research, data analysis and teamwork.
- The Central Highlands, to examine the effects of fire on plant and animal communities
- Victoria's rivers, where you'll measure river health and observe management actions.
- Urban water management facilities, where you'll explore management options for storm water and waste water.