Deferring your course and course payments
We understand that sometimes plans need to change. You are able to defer your offer until you can pay their fees in full.
We can help you manage your other expenses
There are some other costs, outside of your course fees, that you'll need to think about when you're getting ready to come to Australia. Other expenses may include:
- living costs, such as accommodation, transport and food
- a $55 course application fee (not charged when applying direct to Deakin online)
- your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- study-related items, such as textbooks and fieldwork costs.
Refunds and other important policies
If you need to withdraw from your Deakin course after you've paid your fees there are several options available.
- A 90%* refund is payable if you withdraw at least four weeks prior to the start of the trimester.
- A 50%* refund is payable by the University if you withdraw between four weeks prior to the start of trimester and the census date of the relevant unit/s.
Unfortunately, no refund is payable if you withdraw after the census date. If you need to withdraw at any time, you should let us know in writing as soon as possible.
* If detailed in your Letter of Offer, a $3000 non-refundable amount will be retained if you withdraw from your studies prior to the census date of your first teaching period. Please refer to your Letter of Offer for details.
If you're currently studying with us, you can find detailed current student fee information on our student site.