What is CloudDeakin?
CloudDeakin is Deakin University's cloud learning environment.
It incorporates a range of spaces and tools to enable interactive and engaging learning:
- A portfolio where students can collect, reflect on and share evidence of their learning achievements with others within and beyond Deakin
- A home page which leads students to their unit sites
- Within each unit site, there is a range of tools available to students:
- Access audio and video resources including Echo recordings
- Binder App - an application that allows staff and students to download topics for offline viewing on their tablet (iPad and Android)
- Collaborate: Talk and chat with individuals or groups
- Check the academic integrity of their assignments
Students can use a range of tools within CloudDeakin:
- Access units and courses including assessment items using tools such as discussions, quizzes and the ability to submit assignments online
- Curate and present their learning achievements (using the CloudDeakin Portfolio)
- View all readings in a contained list within the Resources tool
- Engage with Unit Chairs, Tutors and other students in a virtual classrooms (using Bb Collaborate)
- Join live streaming events, listen and watch recorded recordings from desktop or via a tablet or mobile device (EchoSystem)
- Create and manage blogs (using Drupal) and wikis (using MediaWiki)
- Manage personal academic integrity (using Turnitin)
CloudDeakin New Features
CloudDeakin was upgraded at the start of Trimester 1 2014. Differences in the interface of the new version include:
- changes to the Deakin template in line with the LIVE the Future agenda;
- navigation bar is now available on the left hand side;
- some terminology changed to the tools;
- Discussions area revamped with only one viewing method for Discussions.