Access the quizzes tool
Quizzes can be accessed within the Resources or from the Site Navbar by clicking on Assessment then Quizzes link. When you click the Quizzes link on the Site Navbar you can access a quiz list.
Take a quiz
- Click the name of the appropriate quiz.
- Carefully read the instructions and details for the quiz on the quiz Summary page. If your instructor has allocated a specific amount of time allowed for the quiz and the number of attempts allowed, it will be listed under Quiz Specifics. Questions may appear all at once or on a series of pages.
- Click the Start Quiz link to start the quiz.
- Click OK to confirm to start your quiz.
- Answer each quiz question by selecting an answer from the list of options or by filling in the appropriate text field.
- Click Save after selecting each answer.
Note: Click the Save All Responses button regularly if there are a number of questions on a single page or you are working on a time-consuming question. Regular saving of answers may minimise the risk of losing answers if there are browser problems or timeouts.
- The clock will start ticking once you start the quiz. Time Left, located at the top left hand corner of the quiz, will provide you with an indication of how much time is left for you to sit for the quiz.
Note: If your quiz has a time limit you may be prompted or forced to submit your quiz. If the quiz is set to auto-submit at the end of the designated time period, only saved questions are submitted. Make sure you save regularly near the end of the quiz period and attempt to finish and submit the quiz before the time expires.
- If your quiz has a number of pages, click the Next Page or Previous Page icon to navigate between pages.
- It is a good idea to review your quiz, or difficult questions in the quiz, before you submit it if this facility is enabled. To review questions click either:
- the Previous page icon, or
- the question number in the Quiz Info widget.
- Click the Go to Submit Quiz button when you are ready to submit.
Note: If you attempt to submit a quiz with unanswered questions, you will receive a warning at the top of the Submit Quiz page. Click the links below the warning to return to the unanswered questions.
- When you have completed all questions, click Submit Quiz.
- You will receive a confirmation message. Click Yes, submit quiz if you wish to submit your quiz.
View your submission
To access information about your submissions and to view your quiz score:
- Click on Assessment then select Quizzes link on the Site Navbar.
- Click the Submissions option from the context menu of the quiz you wish to view. You will see results of your attempts if results are released.
Note: Grades, feedback and statistical information are not available until they are released.