Postgraduate income support

If you are undertaking a professionally oriented coursework masters degree that is required for entry to a profession or is the fastest pathway to professional entry; or if you are planning to enrol into any graduate certificate or graduate diploma program at Deakin University, you may be eligible for student income support from the Federal Government.

Deakin's master programs eligible for student income support include:

Master of Applied Learning and Teaching
Master of Architecture (Design)Master of Architecture
Master of Architecture (Design)
Master of Clinical Exercise Physiology
Master of Commerce
Master of Construction Management (Professional)
Master of Dietetics
Master of Education (Special Educational Needs)
Master of Education (Teaching Languages other than English)
Master of Financial Planning
Master of Information Systems
Master of Information Technology
Master of Landscape Architecture
Master of Midwifery
Master of Nursing Practice (Nurse Practitioner)
Master of Optometry
Master of Planning (Professional)
Master of Professional Accounting
Master of Professional Accounting/Master of Commerce
Master of Psychology (Clinical)
Master of Psychology (Industrial and Organisational)
Master of Public Health
Master of Social Work
Master of Teaching

To be eligible for student income support through Youth Allowance and Austudy, you will need to be studying full time and satisfy all other eligibility requirements, including personal, parental or partner income tests.

Please contact Centrelink within Human Services on 13 2490 or visit the Department of Human services website for further information about masters courses income support and student income support entitlements.

Page custodian: Division of Student Administration
Last updated: