Student must successfully complete 24 credit points of study including:
- 6 core units
- a major selected from the major sequences listed below
- no more than 8 credit points taken outside the Faculty of Arts and Education
- at least 2 credit points of approved international experience such as:
- trimester of study at an overseas university exchange partner
- international internship (AIS330) or (AIS331)
- in-country language program (in Chinese, Indonesian or Arabic)
- approved study abroad program or approved study tour (AIS202), (AIS203), (AIR292) or other
- approved onshore internship with an international organisation (available for (AIS330) only)
- 2 credit points of consecutive language units other than an in-country language program (AIB151 & AIB152; AIB251 & AIB252; AIC181 & AIC182; AIC281 & AIC282; AIC283 & AIC284; AIF146 & AIF142; AIF241 & AIF242; AIF341 & AIF342; AIF145; ALS100 & ALS150; ALS200 & ALS250) can be taken to achieve one credit point of the international experience requirement
(i) Students enrolled in D338 or D323 are not able to accommodate AIS331 International Internship B (4 credit points) within the 16 credit points allocated to the Bachelor of International Studies. However, AIS330 International Internship A (2 credit point) placements can be for up to 12 weeks if desired. Please contact the Unit Chair for further information.
(ii) It is envisaged that students would complete the international experience in the third or fourth year of their course.