Deakin University offers admission to postgraduate courses through a number of Admission categories.
In all categories of admission, selection is based primarily on academic merit as indicated by an applicant's previous academic record. The minimum requirements are successful completion of a three-year undergraduate degree, or equivalent, from an approved university or other educational institution or successful completion of other equivalent qualifications gained by examination, or approved professional or industrial experience. International students must also meet the postgraduate English language requirements.
Minimum entry requirements~:
- Bachelor degree in any discipline and 3 years professional/managerial work experience
- Graduate Certificate in a related discipline and 5 years professional/managerial work experience
- Masters degree in any discipline and 3 years professional/managerial work experience
From T2 2017
- Bachelor degree in any discipline and 3 years professional/managerial work experience*
- Graduate Certificate in a related discipline and 5 years professional/managerial work experience*
- Masters degree in any discipline and 3 years professional/managerial work experience*
For course entry purposes, the following considerations may also be applied:
(i) Full-time, minimum 12 months clinical internships taken post-graduation by MBBS/BMBS/MBChB/BDS graduates may be considered equivalent to one year of the required 3 years’ professional work experience.
(ii) All recognised^ postgraduate medical and/or dental fellowships may be considered as relevant professional work experience (^recognised by their country’s licensing or regulatory bodies).
~ Please note: all applicants must provide the following with their application:
- current contact details of two referees who can be contacted concerning their work experience
- a one page brief outlining why they believe that their work experience would be valued by their MBA peers
IELTS/English language requirements
Please note that English language requirements exist for entry to this course and you will be required to meet the English language level requirement that is applicable in the year of your commencement of studies.
It is the students' responsibility to ensure that she/he has the required IELTS score to register with any external accredited courses.